church was organized on April 26, 1903 with 34 charter members. The newly organized church did not
have a place to meet so they met at various times in homes, in the Town Hall and the old School. A nearby creek that runs
into Broad River served as the baptismal. After the first revival in October
1903, twenty-five people were added to the church roll. Several years of rapid growth followed.
church stepped out in faith and built the first house of worship and on August 15, 1909 the first church building was dedicated.
1922 the church had outgrown this building and again stepped out on faith to plan for a new structure to be built. The church
arranged with Cliffside Mills to donate $1.00 for every $1.00 donated by church members. On August 24, 1924 the first service was held in the new building. Because it was
not completely paid for it was not dedicated until seventeen years later on August 24, 1941.
church continued to grow and new additions had to be added and a major renovation was completed on the sanctuary in 1966.
February, 1987 the new Fellowship Center was dedicated.
1998 we broke ground on the new church
building and on April
23, 2000 the first service was held in our
new Sanctuary. Then July 9, 2000 the new facility was
October 3, 2009 after a special offering it was determined that we could now pay off the building and become Debt Free.
invite you to become a part of the church today and a piece of its history tomorrow.